Travelling to a foreign country is always an experience. To avoid troubles be sure to check the following in advance:
- if you need a visa to go to Austria
- if your passport is valid
- health: generally, no particular vaccinations are needed for visiting Austria but do remember to bring a first-aid kit
- health insurance: medical care is expensive, get health insurance esp. if you plan to stay longer
- find out about local etiquette, Austria's dos and don'ts
- if you need an adaptor (electricity: 220 V, 50 Hz)
- pack carefully: Austrian weather is not the most reliable, make sure to bring clothing that is suitable for all weather types
- Austria follows the metric system, online metric converter
- currency: Euro!!
- time zone: 1 hour ahead of Greenwich Medium Time (+1 GMT) Careful: Austria observes Daylight Saving Time from March to Octobre
Vienna is Austria's main airport, but you can also fly to Linz, Salzburg, Klagenfurt or Graz. Austrian Airlines (AUA), is a holding company that includes Lauda Air and Tyrolean Airlines and flies to numerous international destinations.
The Austrian rail network is comfortable, modern and reliable, there are international bus options available which are cheaper but also slower and less comfortable.
The network of roads and motorways is excellent and well-maintained. You can cross the border 24 hours a day at major crossing points.
About Austria is powered by
ActiLingua Academy, German Courses in Vienna
+43 1 877 6701 | skype: actilingua
- Year-round German courses for adults:
16+ years in Vienna
- Summer School for young people:
12-17 and 16-19 years
- ActiLingua Residence with 20 standard and superior apartments